Skip to main content

Oregon State Flag An official website of the State of Oregon »

Oregon Judicial Department Logo

Legal Resource Center

 Contact us! 

Central Courthouse
1200 SW 1st Ave., Room 02307

Central Courthouse 
M, Tu, Th, and F: 8:30am – 12:00pm and 1:00pm – 4:00pm
W: 8:30am – 12:00pm and 1:00pm – 3:00pm
East County Courthouse
Tu and Th: 8:30am – 12:00pm and 1:00pm – 4:00pm

Interpreters are available!

Se habla Español!

Navigating the court system can be stressful and overwhelming.

Our facilitators are here to help, and our services are free!

We can help with these case types: 

· Family Law
· Landlord / Tenant Law
· Small Claims


· Step-by-step instructions by email
· One-on-one help by phone or video
· Online Classes (DIY Divorce & Custody)
· Legal Research Tools

Due to high volume, it may take up to 2 or 3 business days for us to return your call or email. We have a limited number of walk-in appointments each day, depending on demand and staff availability. We strongly recommend scheduling an appointment in advance. If the other party in your case needs help, we will help them.

Mission Statement

We provide litigants with information, assistance, and navigation so that they can meaningfully participate in the court process. Our services are free to all self-represented parties, regardless of income.

Court staff can:

Give you general information and explain court procedures, rules, and practices.

Give you court forms and instructions.

Refer you to legal services and other resources in our community.

Explain court forms and help you fill them out.

Show you how to find other legal resources and information.

Oregon law prevents court staff from:

Advising or recommending one procedure or form over another;

Telling you what to write on a form, or what to say in court;

Telling you what you "should do" in your legal case;

Guessing about the possible outcome of a court case; or recommending a specific attorney or group of attorneys.

Court staff cannot give legal advice. It is always a good idea to speak with an attorney.

Helpful Resources

Parenting Plans