Skip to main content

Oregon State Flag An official website of the State of Oregon »

Oregon Judicial Department Logo

Court Records - Home

PUBLIC NOTICE: To serve a copy of a notice of appeal on the trial court administrator and the transcript coordinator for this court, under Oregon Rules of Appellate Procedure 1.35(2)(e), use the following email address:
Ordering Copies:
  • Use our online copy request form. Please be prepared to include the following information: case number, copy or document type (regular, certified, exemplified) and how you would like to receive your order (email, pick-up, or mail).   Note: if you don’t have this information, please send us an email​ to help you complete your order

  • Send an email to our Records Department at: with your copy request information. If you are uncertain about your exact case information or would like assistance accessing court records, please send your inquiries to this email as well. 
  • Print, complete and send in the Order request form Records Request Form to   

    Multnomah County Courthouse
    1200 SW 1st Ave
    Portland, OR 97204 

  • To order a copy of the Governor’s Marijuana Pardon, signed 11/21/2022, please use this online Order Request Form​ – there is no fee to request a copy.  
Court staff will be in contact regarding payment. Please note on the form which communication method you prefer, phone or email.

How much do copies cost?

Regular copies of court documents can be provided via email. They can also be printed and mailed or picked up in-person. Certified or Exemplified copies must be physical copies and will need to be picked up from our Records Department or mailed out to you at no additional cost

Multnomah County Circuit Court maintains court records as directed by state and local policies. The Court Records office is on the 3rd floor of the Multnomah County Central Courthouse, room 3315, open weekdays from 8:00am – 4:00pm. 


Records Search Options:

1) You can use the Online Record Search for free access to limited case information.

2) Complete the Records Request form and email it to :

    • Full name to search
    • If criminal case, please provide date of birth and/or date of conviction
    • Th​​​e approximate year of the filing of the case
    • Searches for cases before 1992 need the date of conviction or date of arrest to perform a records search. If you do not have that information you can contact the arresting agency to get this information.
    • Please allow for additional time for research and processing on older records as they will most likely be on microfiche, microfilm, or paper ledgers. These requests will take longer to complete due to the media format.

Adoption and Juvenile cases are confidential. Access to these cases is limited. For information about requesting copies from an adoption case, please see the Guardianships & Adoption page. To request copies from a Juvenile case please contact the Juvenile Justice Center.

How much do copies cost?

​ ​​​​​

Multnomah County Circuit Court creates digital audio recordings for all proceedings/hearings held on the record. For audio requests please be prepared to include the information listed below: Note: if you don't have this information, please send us an email (make this a link: ), to help you complete your order.

  • Judge's Name
  • Hearing date
  • Case Number

What kind of recording can we produce?

We can provide copies of the digital (or electronic) recordings by secure email or on compact disc (CD). 

Adoption and Juvenile cases are confidential. Access to these cases is limited. For information about requesting audio recordings from an adoption case, please see the Guardianships & Adoption page. To request audio recordings from a Juvenile case please contact the Juvenile Justice Center

How do you request a recording?

Requests for non-confidential recordings may be made through:
When using the Online Request Form to submit your order, you will receive an email confirmation that your order is received, along with your reference number for that order. You may contact us with follow up questions or for making your payment using that Reference number.  

Or by E-mail to , phone, regular mail or in person in Room 03315 (Records). All orders received are given a reference number and a clerk within the unit will follow up regarding your request. ​

How much do copies cost?​

Copies of audio recordings are sent through a secure website. The court uses a digital audio recording system called “For The Record" (FTR). To play the recordings you will need to download the free FTR Player. Court staff cannot assist you if you encounter problems with downloading the FTR Player. If you encounter technical difficulties with the FTR Player, you will need to contact technical support at FTR.

State law restricts who may receive audio copies of hearings and trials for some case types such as adoptions and juvenile cases. If you are requesting an audio copy from a restricted (confidential) case type, your request may be denied or you may be required to complete additional paperwork, show identification, and pick up the copies in person.

Information about levels of copy certification:
  • Regular copies are electronic images (TIFF, PDF) or printed copies of any document held by our court. A regular audio copy is a digital (or electronic) recording sent by email or downloaded to a CD.
  • Certified Copies are physical copies of a complete court filing that is sworn to be a true copy by a Court Clerk and bears the blue ink stamp and clerk signature. The certified copy should not be taken apart. If the staple is removed, the certification becomes invalid.
  • Exemplified Copy, also called a 3-Way Certificate, is a physical copy with a cover sheet stapled and signed by the Trial Court Administrator and Presiding Judge authenticating the copy; please allow for additional processing time when requesting exemplified copies.

Staff cannot give advice to a customer on what level of certification they may need for a document.​

Police Reports are not maintained by the court. Please contact the responding or arresting law enforcement agency, such as:

For information about Expungements/Grand Jury/Victim’s Assistance: Please contact the Multnomah County District Attorney’s office Multnomah County District Attorney (

Vital Records (Marriage, Birth, or Death Records) are not maintained by the court. Please contact the Oregon Center for Health Statistics for these records.

For Land Deeds, property tax information: ​ including liens on property, and Death Certificates please contact the Multnomah County Recorder’s Office  Recording Documents | Multnomah County  

and are not maintained by the court. ​ ​Email:  Phone: (503)988-3326 

Apostille and Authentications requests: Apostille and Authentications requests are not available at the court. Contact the Oregon Secretary of State Corporation Division (503)986-2200 email: 255 Capitol St. NE, Ste. 151, Salem, Oregon 97310​