For all document requests you need to have the case number, name of the document(s) you are requesting a copy of, and the filing date of the document(s). If you do not have this information you can use the Online Record Search to find the case number and file date. Also please let us know if you need a regular copy, certified, or exemplified copy of the document(s).
You can contact the court with any of the following methods:
- Mail: Please give all the information listed above in your Records Request Form. Also please state how you would like to make payment, via phone or mail. A records staff person will contact you with any questions and/or your payment options after we receive your mail request.
- In Person: Counter requests can be made in Room 131, during regular business hours.
Some documents requested can be returned via email if you are requesting a regular copy. Certified or Exemplified copies will either need to be picked up from our Records department or mailed to you.
Failure to include all the necessary information or payment may result in your request being returned to you. For mailing address details see the Contact & Location Information
. We are able to accept the following forms of payment: Credit or Debit card (Visa/Discover/MasterCard), Personal check, Cashier check, Money Order, or Cash. Please do not send cash or credit card info in the mail.
State law allows us to charge fees to recover our actual costs for locating and providing public records. For photocopies that we make of letter-size or legal-size pages, including normal and reasonable staff time to locate, separate, photocopy, and return documents to files and to prepare copies for mailing, we charge:
- $0.25 per page (a double-sided copy is two pages);
- $3.00 to email any electronic document(s);
- $5.00 for a certified copy + per page copy charge;
- $10.00 for an exemplified copy + per page copy charge.
Normal and reasonable staff time is 10 minutes or less per request. We may charge additional amounts for staff time and other actual costs when responding to requests that require additional services or more than the normal and reasonable time for routine requests, including:
- Time we spend to locate, compile, and sort requested records, even if we find no records that respond to your request or the records we do find are exempt from disclosure
- Time we spend to review requested records and redact any exempt material
- Time we spend to copy requested records
- Time we spend returning documents to files
- Time we spend to supervise inspection by the requestor
- Necessary research time
- Time we spend preparing correspondence related to your request
- Special copy services and mailing services for documents that are not of standard size or for voluminous requests