Skip to main content

Oregon State Flag An official website of the State of Oregon »

Oregon Judicial Department Logo


Residential eviction actions are only for the purpose of obtaining possession of property. Prior to filing a complaint with the court, the landlord must serve proper notice to the tenant. In the case of failure to pay rent, the rent must be seven or more days past due before a complaint may be filed. If a landlord accepts a partial rent payment, the original notice may no longer be effective. A landlord must file a separate small claims action to be awarded a judgment of money or to process other non-possession claims. 


Information from Court Staff


NOTE: If there are two versions of any form, select the Multnomah version.  Additional statewide forms are located in the Forms Center page. If you use a statewide form, you must ensure the document header references "FOR THE COUNTY OF MULTNOMAH".

Filing Fees

Fees for civil cases are due at the time of filing your papers.  If you cannot pay the fee at the time of filing, you may apply for a fee deferral/waiver.  If the fee deferral/waiver is granted, collection of those fees are the same as any other monetary obligation.  For additional information, please go to  the Fee Waiver/Fee Deferral page.