To request copies from a court file or obtain access to a court file, complete and submit the Copy Request Form. Submit copy requests to the Records department by email, US mail, fax, or at the Public Room window on the 1st floor of the Justice Building.
Please include your name, phone number, and email address so that we may contact you with any questions.
Court staff will calculate the total cost after the request is made. If copies are mailed, postage costs will be added. All fees must be paid before copies will be made.
Electronic copies are .20 cents per page.
Hard copies are .25 cents per page.
Certified copies are $5.00 per document plus .25 cents per page.
Exemplified copies are $10.00 per document plus .25 cents per page.
Time to Complete
Please allow five (5) business days from the date of payment for your copy request to be completed. We will strive to complete your request as soon as possible, but some large or complicated requests may take longer.
Criminal and Civil Cases
Newer court cases: documents can be reviewed on the kiosk computers in the Jackson County Circuit Court lobby (1st Floor).
Older court cases (not digitized): documents can be reviewed by requesting the file at the Public Room window on the 1st floor of the Justice Building.
Juvenile and Adoption Cases
Adoption and Juvenile cases are confidential. Access to these cases is limited.
Juvenile cases: contact the Juvenile Clerks Office at 541.776.7171 ext. 35040.
Adoption cases: For information about requesting copies from an Adoption case visit the Judicial Department's Adoption page.
- Submit the Copy Request Form. Click to download the form. The forms may be sent in the mail, handed in at the Records/Archives desk, or faxed to the court at 541.776.7057.
- Call in your request to the court at 541.776.7171 ext. 35024. When a request is called in a staff member will ask the questions listed on the Copy Request Form.
- In person request. Fill out the Copy Request Form at the Public Room window on the 1st floor of the Justice Building.
Records are available at the Public Room window on the 1st floor of the Justice Building between 8:00 AM and 12:00 PM, and 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM every weekday, excluding legal holidays.
Jackson County Circuit Court
100 S Oakdale Avenue
Medford, OR 97501-3127
- Copies are electronic images or photocopies of any document in the case file.
- Certified Copies are photocopies of a filed document in its entirety (everything within a staple) that is sworn to be a true copy by a Court Clerk. The certified copy should not be taken apart. If the staple is removed the certification becomes invalid. Certified Copies may not be sent electronically.
- Exemplified Copy, also called a 3-Way Certificate, is a photocopy of a pleading in its entirety that’s authenticity is sworn to by the Supervisor. The signature of the Supervisor is sworn to by the Presiding Judge then the Supervisor swears to the authenticity of the Judge’s signature. These copies are often required by other states and countries when copies are being submitted for filing in their local court. It takes two to three additional days to process an exemplified. Exemplified copies may not be sent electronically.