Skip to main content

Oregon State Flag An official website of the State of Oregon »

Oregon Judicial Department Logo


Court staff can provide:

  • General information about court procedures, rules and practices
  • Instructions and forms that the court developed for some proceedings (forms are not available for all legal proceedings)
  • Court schedules and information on how to get matters scheduled
  • Public information in court records
  • A list of low-cost or no-cost legal services available in the community
  • Information about the Oregon State Bar's Lawyer Referral Service and TEL-LAW program
  • The location of local law libraries open to the public.

 Oregon law prevents court staff from:

  • Advising or recommending one procedure, form, or pleading over another
  • Advising what words to put in a form or what to say in court Suggesting what you "should do"
  • Speculating about the possible outcome of a pending court matter
  • Recommending the services of a specific attorney or group of attorneys

​No, you are not required to appear in person. You must enter your plea with the court on or before the appearance date that was given to you on your citation. Your citation has several options to choose from so that you may handle your citation entirely through the mail or by telephone. You may also pay in full through the OJD Court ePay online service.

The current information for attending the required Victim Impact Panel for a DUI Diversion or Conviction can be located at Oregon Judicial Department : Criminal Cases : Going to Court : State of Oregon​ . 

​No. Jackson County Circuit Court does not accept or offer traffic school for traffic violations.

​Contact the Jackson County Juvenile Department at ​ 541-774-4800 located at 609 West 10th St, Medford, OR 97501 to obtain instructions for seeking relief from sex offender registration without an attorney (ORS 163A.130). The Juvenile Department can provide a packet of instructions and forms.

​You must either pay the full amount you owe or be set up on a payment plan. Once you have resolved your past due debt to the court, DMV or ODFW will be notified to reinstate your license. There may be additional fees you need to pay to DMV.

​Generally the answer is no. Communicating with a judge about your case or ticket, without the other party present, is called "ex parte" contact. You can contact the court in person or in writing to request an appearance or file a Motion with the court on your existing case.

Court clerks are prohibited from providing legal advice.

​Yes, however, you must request to be set up on a payment plan unless you are paying in full. The court will add a fee to each case not paid in full within 30 days after judgment (ORS 1.202(2)). The fee is:

  • $50 on a case balance that is under $150;
  • $125 on a case balance that is between $150 and $399;
  • $200 on a case that is $400 or more.

Additional collection costs are added to your balance if you default on your payment plan or do not contact the court to make payment arrangements.​

Instructions and worksheets for Petitioning the Court for Relief from Sex Offender Registration under ORS 181.830 are found on the above link.