Skip to main content

Oregon State Flag An official website of the State of Oregon »

Oregon Judicial Department Logo

Family Law

Contact Information

Union County Family Law Clerk
Teala Sunderman
541-962-9500 Ext 42

Court staff cannot provide you with legal advice. If you have legal questions, we encourage you to contact an attorney.

Listen To The Children (Video)

General Information

Assistance for Self-Represented Parties

The Union County family law facilitator helps people who do not have an attorney file paperwork in family law cases. The facilitator cannot fill out the forms for you, but will review your forms for completeness and provide information regarding Court procedures.

Please contact us for filing information, case status and procedure questions, or to make an appointment to have the family law facilitator review your completed forms.

Child Support Resources

Calculate payments using the Oregon Child Support Guidelines Calculator.
Apply, make payments, or access your child support account via the Oregon Child Support Program.

Family Law Forms

This page contains many forms that are specific for Union County Circuit Court. Additional statewide forms are located in the Forms Center.

Note: If there are two versions of any form, select the Union version.

Statewide Court Approved Forms

Domestic Relations Trials

Union County Circuit Court offers two different kinds of trials in family law cases, an Informal Domestic Relations Trial (IDRT) and a traditional trial. The IDRT is a simpler procedure for people without lawyers, although lawyers also may use it. The Court offers IDRT because traditional trials require parties to follow the rules of evidence and the court rules, which can be more difficult for people without lawyers. In IDRTs, the judge asks the questions and the parties can give the judge written statements from witnesses. The judge will decide how much weight to give to the evidence.
In a traditional trial, the parties call witnesses to the stand and ask them questions. Questions must comply with the rules of evidence. Written statements usually are not allowed.
For more information regarding the two types of trials, please read the Domestic Relations Trial Brochure.
An IDRT will be used only if both people involved in the case agree to it and file the election form.