Skip to main content

Oregon State Flag An official website of the State of Oregon »

Oregon Judicial Department Logo

Self-Help Center

 Do You Need Help With a Legal Issue?

Oregon Law Help offers free legal information plus help finding free or low-cost lawyers and legal help.
Many of our courts have family law facilitators who can provide free information, assistance, and navigation to people who are representing themselves in family law cases (cases related to children and family issues).

They can give you general information and instructions, but they cannot tell you what you should do, what the judge will do, or how to win your case.

Many counties have facilitators who can help you in person at the courthouse, and some also offer services by phone or through online video meetings.

Go to the Family Law Court Information page​ to find the contact information for facilitators in your county.

​It is always a good idea to talk to an attorney about your legal problem.


All Statewide Court Forms

Download free forms that you can use in any circuit court in Oregon. Check with your court about local rules, extra forms, and next steps. Need help with the forms? Contact your local court.

Go >

Interactive Online Forms

A free interactive guide to fill out and file court forms online. Limited case types available. There may be a filing fee when you’re ready to turn in the form to the court (the courts call this “filing”). Fee waivers are available for some case types. 
Go >
Contact us

Find a Court

Every county has a circuit court. Visit your local court’s webpage for phone numbers, address, hours, local forms, and information about local rules. 


The court may charge a fee for turning in certain forms to the court (the courts call this “filing”). The fees are the same in every circuit court in Oregon. Visit the court fees page and click on “Circuit Court Fees” for more information. Protection order cases never have filing fees.

Can’t afford to pay? You can ask the court to waive your fee (file for free) or defer your fee (pay later). Find the fee waiver/deferral application here.

Learn about Oregon Law