Skip to main content

Oregon State Flag An official website of the State of Oregon »

Oregon Judicial Department Logo

Domestic Violence Resources

Quick Escape ​​ 

This webpage has many links to other websites that were not created by the Oregon Judicial Department. The OJD has not reviewed these websites for accuracy or appropriateness and the OJD is not responsible for their contents or policies.


24-Hour Hotline for Domestic Violence, Sexual Assault, and Stalking Assistance

Statewide Directory of Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Programs

Safety Plan Information

If you need help planning for your safety in an abusive relationship, the domestic violence or sexual assault program in your area can help customize a safety plan specific to your situation.

Safety and Technology


Temporary Assistance for Domestic Violence Survivors (TA-DVS)

The Temporary Assistance for Domestic Violence Survivors (TA-DVS) program of the Oregon Department of Human Services provides financial help to meet critical safety needs of families at risk because of domestic violence. Immigration status is not a barrier to this safety-related assistance.

Unemployment Benefits

Victims of domestic violence, sexual assault and stalking may be eligible for unemployment benefits. For more information, see Legal Aid’s “Unemployment Benefits for Domestic Violence, Sexual Assault or Stalking Survivors.”

Oregon Department of Human Services (DHS)

For information about other types of assistance that may be available from the Oregon Department of Human Services, including cash assistance such as Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF) and food stamps (SNAP).
DHS also has a brochure called "What do you need to be safe?" that gives a brief overview of what services are available for people who come to DHS while in a domestic violence situation:

Medical Assistance

Oregon Health Plan (OHP)
  • OHP Customer Service 1-800-699-9075
  • Division of Medical Assistance Programs, Administrative Office 1-800-527-5772
Oregon Legal Aid’s Public Benefits Hotline provides legal advice and representation to low income people living in Oregon who are having problems with government benefits. 1-800-​520-5292.

Oregon State Bar Lawyer Referral and Modest Means Programs

The Lawyer Referral program refers individuals to lawyers for an initial low-cost consultation. The Modest Means program helps moderate-income Oregonians find affordable legal assistance. For more information please visit or call 1-800-452-7636.

Legal Aid

If you are low income, a legal aid office may be able to help. Find a legal aid office in your county.​

Resources for the Legal Community

Domestic Violence Judicial Resources:


Family Law


Courts cannot make orders about custody, parenting time, and child support unless the legal relationship (paternity) between a child and his or her biological father has been established. The Oregon Division of Child Support website has information and resources about establishing paternity.

Child Support

Child support can be ordered as part of a divorce or child custody case filed in court. Your local district attorney or Division of Child Support office also can establish and/or collect child support for you at no charge. Oregon’s Division of Child Support website has information about establishing and collecting child support, including child support calculators, rules, and program information.

Forms and Resources for Divorce or Custody Order

The Oregon Judicial Department's Family Law website has many of the forms and instructions you need to file for or respond to a divorce or custody case.
  • Forms for waiver and deferral of fees for filing and completing divorce and custody cases also are available. Note: There are no fees for restraining or stalking protective orders.
  • Many counties have family law facilitators who can help you with forms and/or the process of getting divorce or custody. Contact your local facilitator for more information about what services are available in your county.

Parenting Plan Information and Enforcement


Victims of Domestic Violence, Sexual Assault, and Stalking

Address Confidentiality Program

  • The Address Confidentiality Program is a free mail forwarding service provided by the Oregon Department of Justice to help survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault, trafficking, or stalking stay safe (includes provision of a substitute address).
  • If you are a participant in the Address Confidentiality Program and are considering changing your name, Name Change information and forms are available.

Technology Safety and Cyberstalking Resources

The websites below have information about how to protect your personal information over the internet:

Protecting Your Information in Court Cases

To help protect your private information, the courts require the use of a form, called a “Confidential Information Form” (CIF), in family law cases.

Family Abuse Prevention Act

The Family Abuse Prevention Act - Restraining orders have their own CIF forms, which are included in the restraining order form packets.

Protecting Yourself from Abuse

Information and Forms for Protective Orders

Electronic Notice for Services and Renewal of Protection Order

Protective Order Electronic Notification Project - Provides notification regarding service and expiration of protection orders in Family Abuse Protection Act (FAPAs) orders, Elderly Persons and Persons with Disabilities Abuse Prevention Act (EPPDAPA) and Civil Stalking cases by cell phone text message or email.

No Contact Orders

A “no contact order” is an order in a criminal case that tells the defendant not to contact the victim. A judge can order no contact anytime during a criminal case or a no contact order may be required if the defendant is released from jail before trial and sentencing. A no contact order can also be a probation requirement. If the defendant violates the no contact order, he or she may be re-arrested and jailed. A no contact order is different from a “restraining order” like a Family Abuse Prevention Act order or stalking protective order. If you have questions about no contact orders you can call the Victim Assistance Program in your county.​

Housing Rights

Workplace Rights

Immigration Rights

"Information on the Legal Rights Available to Immigrant Victims of Domestic Violence in the United States and Facts about Immigrating on a Marriage-Based Visa" - U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
More information from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services about relief for immigrant victims:

Oregon Department of Justice, Crime Victims Services Division

Information for crime victims, including the payment of expenses related to the crime.

County Victims Assistance Programs

District Attorneys Offices have trained advocates that can help you navigate the criminal justice system, understand your rights and refer you to resources in your community that can offer support. If you need help, please call the Victim Assistance Program in the county where your case is being handled.

Victim Information and Notification Everyday (VINE)

Anyone can call the Victim Information and Notification Everyday (VINE) service at 1-877-OR-4-VINE to ask about the current status of an offender/prisoner or register to receive immediate notification if an offender/prisoner is released, transferred, escapes, dies, or if there is other important probation and parole information.

Oregon Crime Victims Law Center

The Oregon Crime Victims Law Center can provide victims of crime with no-cost legal help in asserting and enforcing their rights. To be eligible for legal assistance from the Center you must be a victim or a survivor of a victim who is involved with a criminal or juvenile case that is either pending or has unresolved issues.​

National Resources

Statewide Resources