Skip to main content

Oregon State Flag An official website of the State of Oregon »

Oregon Judicial Department Logo

Case File Copies

The Records File Room is responsible for maintaining all documents in the local court files and serves the public by aiding with records searches and copies of court documents. Requests can be made in person, online, or by mail on a first come, first serve basis.

To request copies online

Case File Copies may be requested through an online web form.

To search for court records

Use the Oregon Judicial Department Online Record Search.

What are the fees for Copies and when are they due?

Electronic copies are $0.20 per page for older records or $3.00 per request for newer records.
Hard copies are $0.25 per page.
Certified copies are $5.00 per document plus $0.25 per page.
Exemplified copies are $10.00 per document plus $0.25 per page.

Payment is due prior to completing your copy request. Actual cost of postage will be added to copies sent by mail.

To obtain copies in person visit us at

Washington County Circuit Court

Located on the First Floor Justice Services Building
Public Records Review Room #110J
150 N 1st Avenue
Hillsboro, OR 97124

To request copies by mail

Complete the Records Request by Mail Form (see below) and send with a self-addressed stamped envelope. The form must be completed and include the following information:

  • The complete name of the person or persons involved
  • The case number or year it was filed
  • The specific documents you are requesting (or entire case file)
  • How you want to receive the documents (electronic/emailed copy, or hard copy)
  • State whether or not you want each document certified, or just regular copies
  • Your name and contact information in case we have questions

Include a check made payable to the State of Oregon. If you do not know the correct amount for your request, we accept not-to-exceed (NTE) checks with a maximum of $30.00.

Mail the letter, check and self-addressed stamped envelope to:

Washington County Circuit Court
Attention: Records Department
150 N 1st Avenue MS 37
Hillsboro, OR 97124

Confidential Record Requests

State law restricts who may receive copies of records for some case types such as adoptions and juvenile cases. If you are requesting records from one of these (confidential) case type, your request may be denied or you may be required to complete additional paperwork, show identification and pick up the copies in person. Requests must be submitted by letter or motion. See instructions in forms library.

What is the difference between regular, certified, and exemplified copies?

  • Copies are a photocopy of any document in a file.
  • Certified copies are photocopies of a filed document in its entirety (everything within a staple or a pdf document) that is sworn to be a true copy by a court clerk. The certified copy should not be taken apart, as once the staple is removed the certification becomes invalid.
  • Exemplified copy, also called a 3-way certificate, is a photocopy of a pleading in its entirety that is sworn to by the Trial Court Administrator (TCA). The signature of the TCA is then sworn to by the presiding judge. The TCA then swears to the authenticity of the presiding judge’s signature.

Contact Us