Skip to main content

Oregon State Flag An official website of the State of Oregon »

Oregon Judicial Department Logo

Parenting Seminars

If you are a party to a dissolution of marriage (divorce) case and have children or are unmarried parents involved in a custody case, you are required to attend a parenting class (see Deschutes County Circuit Court Supplementary Local Court Rule 8.046). The class tells you about how changing living arrangements and relationships may affect your children and what you can do to help your children.  The class also covers some of the basic steps in the legal process in the Deschutes County Circuit Court. 
In order to maintain social distance and avoid gathering in public spaces, effecitve March 17, 2020, the Family Law Education Program has been switched from an in-person group class to a Zoom webinar.  Family Resource Center values the safety of the community and the families we serve, and we are offering this webinar to parents in Deschutes County experiencing familly restructuring such as a separation or divorce (at no additional cost).   

To register for a class please contact the Family Resource Center at 541-389-5468. You will need your circuit court case number in order to register.  If you do not know your case number, you can find it by clicking on "On-line Services" in the blue bar at the top of the website and selecting "OJD Records and Calendar Search".

Classes are held on the first Tuesday of each month in the evening from 5:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. and the first Thursday of each month in the morning from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
 The cost is $70.00 per person, non-refundable.  This includes a $20.00 materials fee that cannot be waived.

 Parents cannot register for or attend the same class.
Las partes en casos de divorcio con hijos y custodia tienen que asistir una clase sobre los temas del proceso legal, como el proceso legal puede afectar a los hijos, y como ayudarles con la transición. La clase está disponible en español. Para inscribirse en español, llame a Rosa en 541-280-5345 con su número del caso.