Skip to main content

Oregon State Flag An official website of the State of Oregon »

Oregon Judicial Department Logo

Juvenile Records

Due to the confidentiality of Juvenile cases, only parties to the case and their attorneys may request certain case records.

Paper Records May Exclude Confidentially Managed Court Records.

Audio Records Require Finding of Good Cause.

Who Can Receive a Copy?

  • The child/youth and parent
  • Victim in a delinquency case
  • Attorneys for parties (including prospective)
  • Malheur County Juvenile Dept., DHS, OYA, CASA, CRB, DOJ, Malheur District Attorney
  • "Any other person or entity" allowed by the court through motion and declaration

Copy Costs:

Parties to a case do NOT have to pay for paper or audio records. "Any other person or entity" allowed by the court through motion and declaration is responsible for paying copy costs prior to processing as follows:

  • Audio Records - $10.00 per CD
  • Paper Records - $3.00 per request plus 0.25 per page
  • Electronic Records - $3.00 per request
  • Certified Copies - $5.00 per court certified document plus cost for paper or electronic

To Request a Copy:

  • Complete 'Motion' & 'Proposed Order' to 'Release Juvenile Records'
  • Submit filing to the Malheur Circuit Court, 251 B Street West #3, Vale, OR 97918
  • Motion and Proposed Order Packet 

Motion Requirements:

  • All Juvenile audio records requests require a Motion and Proposed Order to determine a good cause finding
    • *Exception: County/State as a related party or entity to the case (Juvenile Dept., DOJ, DHS, OYA, OPDS, prospective appellate attorneys, public defenders)
  • A statement detailing requestor's relation to the child/youth/case, specific documents or hearing sessions requested, and reason why the person or entity is requesting release of records
  • A sworn affidavit or declaration under penalty or perjury
  • If "Any Other Person or Entity" under ORS 419A.255, the Motion/Declaration must be served upon all parties and attorneys of record to the proceeding, providing written notice to the court under ORS 419B.851 & ORS 419B.854, or if unknown, the court is required to mail notice of time to object to a party or attorney of record at their last known address.