Oregon Family Law: Building for the Future
May 9th and 10th 2019
State Family Law Advisory Committee of the Oregon Judicial Department, is pleased to announce the seventh Family Law Conference!
Key Note Speaker: Professor Andrew Schepard, Siben & Siben Distinguished Professor of Family Law, Maurice A. Deane School of Law at Hofstra University and Director of Hofstra University’s the Center for Children, Families, New York.
Andrew Schepard is one of the most respected family law reform thinkers, writers and activists in our country. He graduated from Harvard Law School in 1972, authored Children, Courts and Custody: Interdisciplinary Models for Divorcing Families, for many years was the editor of the Family Court Review and has participated in and presented at innumerable law commissions and law associations, including keynote presentations at the Oregon State Bar Family Law Section.
Workshops to include:
· Odyssey, Unbundle Services and Making the Most of Technology
· Immigration and Family Law
· New tax law
· UCCJEA Full Faith and Credit, Tribal Law
· Enhancing Services to Survivors of Domestic Violence
· Mediation, Parenting Plans, Chapter 125, Legislative updates and more!
For a complete list of keynote speakers, plenary sessions and workshops from past conferences, including presenters and a list of handouts, click on the links below:
Under ORS 3.438(4), to the extent that adequate funds are available from the Family Law Account, the State Court Administrator plans and implements an annual statewide conference to:
- Review legislation relating to family law issues
- Provide family law training
- Review elements of successful family law programs
- Foster the development of enhanced service to families involved in proceedings before the court