Upon receipt of a written audio record request, the Court provides a computer CD containing the record requested. The CD will not work in a compact disc player. The CD must be inserted into a Windows based computer. These records are not compatible with Macintosh machines. It is necessary to download the FTR Player in order to listen to the CD. The free software will allow review of the audio record either through speakers or headphones provided the computer has sound capability.
Written transcripts cannot be provided by the court. You may, however, contact a transcription service to obtain transcripts of the audio you purchase. This does not include transcripts for the Court of Appeals; a transcriber will be assigned by the court. Written request must be made either in person or by email (Columbia.General@ojd.state.or.us).
To request copies online
Please include your contact phone number, as we will have to collect payment before the request is completed.
To request copies by mail
Send a completed Audio Request Form to:
Columbia County Circuit Court
230 Strand Street
Saint Helens, OR 97051
If you are unable to print the copy request form, please include the following information in your request:
- The complete name of the person or persons involved
- The case number
- The date and time of the court proceeding
- The Courtroom and name of the Judge of the court proceeding
- Indicate if you need the CD(s) to be certified
- How you want to receive the CD(s) (pick up or mailing)
- Your name, phone number, and address, so we may contact you for payment
What are the fees for Audio Copies and when are they due?
- $10.00 per CD (Generally 24 hours of audio will fit onto one CD)
- $0.25 per page for paper audio logs.
- $5.00 for certification of each CD. (Note: once the CD is opened, it is no longer a certified copy)
- $2.00 shipping and handling for mailed copies (up to 3 CDs)
All fees must be paid in full before copies are made. Payment of the fees can be made by cash, check, cashier check, money order, Visa or Mastercard.
When should I receive my audio copy?
Generally, copies are available for pick-up or are mailed within 10-17 business days after receipt of payment. Requests are processed in the order they are received. Payment in full must be received before the request is processed.