Skip to main content

Oregon State Flag An official website of the State of Oregon »

Oregon Judicial Department Logo

Audio Transcript Requests

​To listen to the audio recording, you will need a personal computer with a sound card and speakers.  Please click here to review the instructions for Uploading FTR Recordings Files​.​

​Please allow at least 10 business days after receipt of your request for your request to be completed.

​You may submit your request by:

  • Filling out the Digital Request Form​
  • Mailing to the FTR Coordinator, 807 Main Street, Room 104, Oregon City, OR 97045 
  • Delivering in person to the Court Cashier window Room 104 

The cost for the FTR recording varies as follows:  

  • Electronic Recording:  $9.00 per request / hearing/ day  (example:  4 day trial = $36) 
  • CD Recording:  $10 per request / hearing / day (example:  4 day trial = $40) 
  • Other Media:  $9 plus the actual cost of the court-provided media per request / hearing day 

Please include applicable postage if you are requesting that the digital recording be returned to you in the mail.  Payment must be made in full prior to the Court processing your FTR request.  You may pay as follows: ​

  • ​Mail:  Please make checks payable to the State of Oregon 
  • Phone:  Pay by phone by calling 503-655-8453, Option 2 
  • In Person:  Hand in your request and make payment at the Court Cashier Window located at 807 Main Street, Room 104, Oregon City, OR 97045  ​


​Q:  How do I make a request for a written transcript of the FTR recording? 

If you need a written transcript of an FTR recording, you can take your recording to a certified transcriber.  You should be able to find a list of transcribers or court reporters in the yellow pages of the phone book or on-line.  

Q:  Who do I contact if I have additional questions?  

Call the Records Unit at 503-655-8447, and press option 7.​

​Audio recordings (also referred to as FTR Recordings) are available electronically, on a CD, or in another format as arranged with the court.   

State law restricts who may receive audio copies of hearings and trials for some case types such as juvenile cases.  If you are requesting an audio recording of a juvenile court proceeding, please use the “Request for Copy of FTR Recording – Juvenile Court Proceeding” form. 

There is a cost for each of these options, as noted in the request forms below.  Please submit your request in writing either by letter or using the "Request for Copies of Court Proceedings" form or the "Request for a Copy of FTR Recording - Juvenile Court Proceedings" form, both of which are located below. 

Your request must contain the following information: 

  • ​Date of the proceeding you are requesting; 
  • Judge who heard the case; 
  • Courtroom number (if known); 
  • Case name; 
  • Case number; 
  • Name, address and phone number of person making the request;
  • E-mail address where electronic records can be sent to; and​

Indicate whether we should call you for pick up when ready, mail, or send electronically to you.