Skip to main content

Oregon State Flag An official website of the State of Oregon »

Oregon Judicial Department Logo

Forms for Unmarried Parents (Custody, Parenting Time, and Child Support)

Before using these packets, “paternity” must already be legally established. Paternity is established when the parents sign and file a “Voluntary Acknowledgment of Paternity” form and file it with the State Registrar of Vital Statistics (or at the hospital when the child is born). Paternity may also be established through the Oregon Child Support Program, or by court order in a Filiation case. You may request that the Oregon Child Support Program establish paternity by filling out an Application for Services (Form #CSF 03-0574) and the Affidavit in Support of Establishing Paternity (Form #CSF 11-0112), and sending these to the address stated on the form. You will be charged a $1 fee for this service. To file a Filiation case, which may decide paternity and custody, parenting time,

After paternity ("fatherhood") has been legally established, an unmarried parent may use this packet to ask the court to establish custody, parenting time and child support. Either parent may initiate a case. Unmarried parents have the same rights and responsibilities regarding custody and support of their children that married or divorced parents have. This packet is not appropriate for use by anyone other than the parents of the children.

Petition for Custody, Parenting Time, and Child Support (Unmarried Parents)

 **Electronic forms packet is listed first. You may choose that packet, or you can print all individual PDF forms for a paper packet fill out and file conventionally.