Skip to main content

Oregon State Flag An official website of the State of Oregon »

Oregon Judicial Department Logo

Legal Separation

Forms for Legal Separation of Marriage or Registered Domestic Partnership

CAUTION! If your case involves complicated legal issues, you may seriously harm your legal rights if you use these forms without consulting with a lawyer. You are strongly urged to talk to a lawyer. You may find a lawyer by calling the Oregon State Bar's Lawyer Referral Service and Modest Means program at 1-800-452-7636. You may also contact your local legal aid office. For more information about legal services and information, visit the Oregon State Bar's website at

You can print any form for free and fill it out by hand, or you may complete packets of forms at the courthouse Information Center for a nominal fee.

The forms on this page can be used to get a legal separation. A judgment of legal separation will decide issues of custody, parenting time, support, property and debt distribution, while parties remain married/registered partners. A legal separation can last for a specific period of time, or it can be unlimited in duration. Either party may ask the court to modify the custody, parenting time, and support provisions of the judgment, or ask the court to vacate the judgment altogether. Additionally, either party can ask the court to convert the judgment of separation into a judgment of dissolution (divorce), within two years of the judgment of separation being entered in the court.

All Separation Packets

Petition for Separation with Children

Petition for Separation without Children

Response for Separation with Children

Response for Separation Without Children

Additional Forms