Information for Case Participants
Case participants are persons (litigants or defendants) who are parties in a case with legal issues that are waiting to be resolved by the court. When a case is scheduled for a remote hearing, some or all of the participants, including attorneys and witnesses, may be required to appear remotely (by phone or video). The court uses Webex (a software program) to host these remote hearings. Webex may be joined from a computer, mobile device (smartphone or tablet) or by phone.
If you are a defendant or a party to a case, the Litigant Guide provides more information about remote hearings and Webex.
There are also guides for attorneys, witnesses, and the general public.
Receiving Notice of a Remote Hearing
You will be notified by the court if your hearing is scheduled to be remote. The court will request your email address to send you a Webex invitation/link for you to use to join the hearing on your scheduled date. Please refer to the hearing guides on this page for more information about Webex and remote hearings.
If you don't have a computer or smart device, let the clerk know. They can connect you to the remote hearing by calling you. See the Remote Hearing Contacts and Information below for email addresses and phone numbers.
If you have exhibits (document, object, or video/audio recording) for use as evidence during your upcoming trial or hearing, please file them with the court as much in advance of your hearing as possible.
You can file your exhibits with the court conventionally (in-person or through the mail) or electronically.
To file conventionally, please follow these Instructions to number your exhibits and complete an Exhibit Index. You may mail or take your exhibits to Clackamas County Circuit Court, 807 Main St., Attention: Records Center Rm 12, Oregon City, OR 97045.
Exhibits may also be submitted electronically in the following ways:
- File & Serve: All exhibits that can be converted to a PDF format may be submitted through File & Serve, so long as they do not exceed 25 MB.
You must follow OJD's eFiling rules set out below:
- Complete an Exhibit Index and number your exhibits (click here for instructions).
- Scan your numbered exhibits in behind the Exhibit Index as one document.
- Electronically link the Index.
- Bookmark the exhibits.
- Use the filing code “Exhibit – EB."
- Select “Confidential" document security.
- For directions on how to link and bookmark exhibits, please click here and navigate to slides 9 and 10 from OJD's eFiling Updates presentation.
- SFTP Server: All exhibits that cannot be converted to PDF format (audio, video, and/or some images, as well as PDFs that are larger than 25 MB) may be submitted contact-free through OJD's secure SFTP server through the file request system.
To use this system (only for audio, video, and/or some images, as well as PDFs that are larger than 25 MB
), send an email to CLA.Records.Management@ojd.state.or.us
and let the court know you would like to submit exhibits for an upcoming hearing through the SFTP file request system. You will receive a secure email from the Oregon Judicial Department with a link for you to “Send Requested Files."
Exhibits filed through the SFTP server should be listed on the Exhibit Index
you filed conventionally or electronically.
IMPORTANT: While exhibits for remote hearings may be received in a different format than an in-person hearing, requirements for serving the other party and the admission of exhibits remain the same.
Rules about trial exhibits can be found in UTCR 6.
Remote Hearing Contacts and Information
For questions regarding your remote hearing, please contact the court as follows:
Technical Questions and to Schedule a Test Connection:
Remote Hearing Questions:
Criminal Remote Hearings
Landlord Tenant Remote Hearings
Phone: 503.655.8447 (select option 6) or 503.655.8453
All Other Remote Hearings