Skip to main content

Oregon State Flag An official website of the State of Oregon »

Oregon Judicial Department Logo

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

Oregon Judicial Department Case Management System

The Oregon Judicial Department (OJD) uses the Odyssey Case Management System, a Tyler Technologies product. This system was installed, as part of the Oregon eCourt project, across all Oregon circuit courts and the Oregon Tax Court between June 2012 and June 2016. The system provides case management, financial management, and electronic document management within a single system.

Accessibility and ADA Accommodation

Visit the Accessibility/Access for Persons with Disabilities page to review OJD accessibility or to request an accommodation under the American with Disabilities Act (ADA) to access court or OJD services.

Other Courts

The Oregon Judicial Department includes the Oregon Supreme Court, Oregon Court of Appeals, Oregon Tax Court, and 36 Oregon circuit courts. OJD provides minimal information about Justice and Municipal Courts in Oregon. For more information contact those courts directly.

Technical Assistance

The following email address and phone number is for reporting technical problems only. To report a technical problem with our website, please call our help desk at 503-986-5582 or send an email to

If you need help with something other than a technical problem on our website, please review the FAQs below.

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

​Yes. See our Fee Information page.

The Office of the State Court Administrator has a policy and request form to help people request public records and to help state court staff provide public records. View "Request for Public Records".

Circuit Court Calendars

View Circuit Court and Tax Court calendars.

Phone or In-Person Contact

Contact information for each court can be found on the homepage of each court. View all court homepages.

Court Case Registers and Court Case Records

View information about how to access court records.

Online Services

For a complete listing of online services visit our Online Services homepage.

View information about the Supreme Court.

View information about the Court of Appeals.

View information about the Tax Court.

Support information may be different for each service. For help information for a specific online service visit that service's webpage.

The Oregon Judicial Department provides a variety of court forms which are accepted statewide. Additionally, local circuit court forms may be available on their court website or available at the courthouse.

To access court forms, go to our Forms Center.

If you need an accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), please fill out a Request for ADA Accommodations Form.

  • You may access and fill out an electronic Request for ADA accommodations form. Please submit the electronic request to the ADA Coordinator for the court or the Oregon Judicial Department Office that provides the service, program or materials you want to use.
  • Or you may fill out a paper version of the Request for ADA accommodations form. Please submit the paper request in person, by fax or by US Mail to the ADA Coordinator for the court or Oregon Judicial Department office that provides the service, program, or materials you want to use.

If you need an ASL Interpreter under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) or you are a limited English speaking person who needs a Foreign Language Interpreter, please fill out the electronic Language Access OnLine Interpreter Request form. The form will automatically go to Court Language Access Services staff when you click the submit button.

If a court or Oregon Judicial Department office denied you reasonable ADA accommodations, or you were denied appropriate American Sign Language (ASL) services, you may file an ADA Complaint Form.

If you were denied appropriate language access to Oregon Judicial Department Services for foreign language issues, please fill out the Language Access OnLine Complaint form. The form will automatically go to Court Language Access Services staff when you click the submit button.

OJD maintains a central jury duty information page.

Each Oregon circuit court also has a webpage that provides information regarding jury duty specific to that court. View your court’s webpage.

The Oregon Department of Justice Crime Victims' Assistance Section (CVAS) provides funds to counties and cities where prosecuting attorneys maintain approved victims' assistance programs. These funds come from the unitary assessment monies charged to people convicted of crimes and violations. The Department of Justice (office of the state Attorney General) website has a Crime Victims Assistance section with extensive information and contact information for programs in each county. Many county government and district attorney websites have information on local crime victim’s assistance programs. Those websites are separate from circuit court websites.

State law authorizes courts to set aside and seal the records of some arrests and convictions, but not all. The Oregon State Bar website has some information on clearing your record. Click on Public Information, and then click on Criminal Law. Consult your lawyer if you have questions about whether you are eligible to ask the court to clear your record.

Neither the Bar's site nor ours has forms for filing a motion to expunge your record. Some local courts may have sample forms available online. Publishers of legal forms may offer those forms. You can do a web search for "Oregon expungement forms" to find some of those resources. We have not reviewed those websites or the information and forms they provide. We make no recommendation about their products.

The Oregon State Police also have information about the expungement process and where to get forms.

If you need copies of the documents in the case file to show that you completed all conditions, contact the court directly to get information about the cost and how to order those documents. You can find contact information for each circuit court on our Courts page under State Trial Courts.

The procedure is available at the Oregon State Police Public Records Unit.

Certificates of good standing for attorneys licensed to practice law in Oregon are available from the Oregon Supreme Court at no charge. An attorney (or attorney's representative) may request one or more certificates by telephone, mail, or email.

Although state law prohibits our judges and court staff from advising you on legal questions, we can provide general information. See our We Can Help / Podemos Ayudar page for the kinds of information court staff can provide.

If you have general questions about Oregon law or need legal advice, check the Oregon State Bar website. Click on “For the Public” and then click on Public Information Home, where you can find a lot of information on various legal matters, how to find legal help, and low-cost legal services that may be available.

The State of Oregon Law Library is a great resource for more in-depth information on state and federal law. (Again, the staff cannot give legal advice but can answer many questions).

You can also find state statutes (ORS), administrative rules (OAR), and the state Blue Book online through the State of Oregon Web Portal.

If you have trouble viewing a Portable Document Format (PDF) file on one of our web pages, please try the following:

  • Ensure that you have the latest version of a good PDF reader or viewer. You can download the latest free Adobe Acrobat Reader from the Adobe website.

You can find other available readers or viewers on the web, including open source software that works with various operating systems.

  • If you are not connected to a high-speed connection, such as DSL, cable modem, or LAN or if you access our site with a dial-up modem, we recommend that you first download the PDF to your computer and then view it using the Acrobat Reader software.
  • Before downloading, check to see that you have enough disk space available on your computer for the PDF file. If you need help to access a PDF file because you have a disability, see our Accessibility page.

If you need help immediately with something other than a technical problem on our website, you may call the Office of the State Court Administrator at 503-986-5500 for general information referral or information about state court administration. Please remember, however, that by law, we cannot provide legal advice.