Lake County Circuit Court is committed to providing fair, accessible, and timely justice to promote the rule of law, protect individual rights, and resolve conflicts. With our courtroom technologies we hope to:
- Improve the quality of courtroom litigation
- Reduce litigant costs
- Improve access to justice
- Increase courtroom security
- Strengthen public trust & confidence
Courtroom technologies and services are available to parties without cost, subject to the following conditions:
- Advanced scheduling (and availability) of the equipment before the proceeding
- Compliance with all technology requirements of private equipment
The courthouse has two public Wi-Fi networks. Lake County is provided to the public by Lake County. OJD Guest Wi-Fi is provided by the Oregon Judicial Department. The court does not provide technical, software or other support services to any user, either in the courtroom or the lobby.
To request an appearance at a hearing via video, the appropriate filing must be submitted to the court as soon as possible, but no later than 5 days prior to the date of the hearing. If requesting a video appearance from a Department of Corrections (DOC) location, please note that in your filing and provide the facility name and inmate’s SID/DOC number.
- If the request is granted for a DOC location, Court Calendaring staff will facilitate setting up and testing the video connection.
- For all other approved appearances by video, contact the Court Clerks office
- Please provide all of the following information:
- name of the person to appear via video
- case number
- video location
- contact person
- IP address
- requesting parties’ names
- date and time of the appearance
- The court will facilitate setting up and testing the video connection prior to the hearing.
- All requests to appear for a hearing via telephone must be preapproved by a Judge.
- A calling card must be presented for long distance calls to be made from the courtroom.
- The courtrooms are restricted to two incoming phone lines. If more than two parties will be attending a hearing telephonically they will need to either:
- Conference call together prior to calling into the court or
- The party requesting the telephonic hearing can provide a conference call for all parties, including the court, to dial into for the hearing. That number must be provided to the court at the time the hearing request is made to the court.
Computer Connectivity and other Audio Visual (ELMO, computer projector, DVD and CD integrated devices, etc.)
- To reserve ELMO, a computer projector, a screen, or any other specialized equipment, please contact the Court Clerks office with your request. Include the case number, requesting party’s name, and the approximate date and time of the hearing.
- Laptop computers can connect to the courtroom’s display systems. A court provided USB device is plugged into your laptop and a small application is installed that allows you to connect to the display system in the courtroom.
- Big screen monitor displays and DVD players are available in all courtrooms.