As an Oregon Registered Court Interpreter, you are required to renew your Registered Credential every three years.
Oregon registered court interpreters must complete and submit a Renewal Application and all required documentation to CLAS 45 days prior to the date of credential expiration. This application must include the following:
- The credential renewal fee and application.
- Documentation of the appropriate number of Continuing Education Units (CEUs).
- Information necessary to conduct a criminal history check.
In addition to the renewal requirements listed above, the registered interpreter must submit documentation of the completion of ten (10) total approved CEUs during the credential renewal period. At least five of the ten hours must be ethic-specific units.
Renewal Fee - $150.00
Registered Interpreters in Another State
Oregon allows examination reciprocity for registered court interpreters who want to pursue an Oregon court interpreter credential and have taken an interpreting exam or proficiency interview in another state. Examination reciprocity will be awarded to candidates that have achieved an appropriate score on the:
- Oral Proficiency Interview (OPI) for English and Non-English Language; or
- English Language Skills Proficiency Examination.
Once an interpreter has been granted examination reciprocity, they must meet the other credential requirements outlined the State Court Administrator Policies for the Oregon Judicial Department's Oregon Certified Court Interpreter Program.