Skip to main content

Oregon State Flag An official website of the State of Oregon »

Oregon Judicial Department Logo

Northwest Oregon Facilitation Initiative (NWOFI)

Hands with sign saying FacilitatingNorthwest Oregon Facilitation Initiative (NWOFI) services are free to all self-represented parties, regardless of income. We provide information, assistance, and navigation to litigants in family law cases so that they can meaningfully participate in the court process. These services are available through our facilitators and shared resources in Clatsop, Columbia, Lincoln, Polk, Tillamook, Washington, and Yamhill Counties.

 Contact Us

You can call anytime during open hours to speak to a facilitator.


 Facilitator Hours

Monday through Friday: 
9am - 12pm and 1pm - 4pm (PT)

Excluding Holidays

 NWOFI Scheduling 

To schedule a phone or video appointment, please follow the link below.

Schedule A Facilitator

 Participating Local 
Court Websites

Select your local court from the drop down to be taken to that participating county's homepage.

What Information Can Facilitators Provide?
Our Family Law Facilitators are not attorneys and cannot provide legal advice. NWOFI assumes no responsibility for the accuracy or legal effects of the information contained in any written or verbal instructions or forms.

  • ​​Provide information on how to find forms and how to complete them
  • Provide information about court procedures, rules, and other educational materials
  • Refer to agencies and resources that provide legal and other services
  • Provide document review to make sure forms are complete
  • Provide information about how to begin a court action

  • ​Recommend one procedure or type of pleading over another.
  • Offer an opinion about a possible outcome of an action.
  • Encourage or discourage litigation by telling a customer they should or should not sue, file a complaint, or take other legal action. 
  • Prepare documents for someone to file in court, unless acting purely as a “scrivener.”
  • Advise or recommend a person take a particular course of action in a case.
  • Recommend specific forms for use in solving a specific legal problem.


  Find additional information by visiting the sites and resources displayed below.

Oregon State Bar

Oregon State Bar

Designed to help answer questions about marriage, adoption, divorce, child custody, and other family law topics

Go >
Fee Waiver

Fee Deferral and Waiver Information

Fees and costs are required in most civil cases. You may ask the court to defer or waive those fees and costs. The court can only defer or waive fees if you are low-income (according to federal poverty guidelines).

Go >
Contact us

Oregon Department of Justice

Access to child support calculator, Rules and Laws, accounting services and enforcement

Go >
Hours of operation

Parenting Class

If you are involved in a child custody case, you are required to attend a parenting class. This applies whether you are a party to a divorce, separation or are an unmarried parent.

Go >
Appellate eFile

Oregon Law Help

Answers to legal questions, sample forms, and information about the courts, lawyers and social service organizations that provide services related to Family Law

Go >

Frequently Asked Questions


Frequently Asked Questions regarding the Northwest Oregon Facilitation Initiative (NWOFI)

Go >