Skip to main content

Traffic Violations

Violations include citations for: traffic, fish and game, state park, minor in possession of alcohol, and truancy. 
Please review your citation for your appearance date and time.

Plea Options

No Contest Plea

When you enter a plea of no contest, you waive your right to trial. Your fine will be assessed at the time you enter your no contest plea.

Not Guilty Plea

If you plead not guilty, the case will be set for trial and you will receive notice of the trial date in the mail. At the trial you may present evidence and call witnesses.

Trial by Declaration

You may choose to have your trial by declaration. You must submit a Violation Election Form with your declaration to the court. If you choose not to testify you do not have to submit a declaration, however, the court will consider the officer’s declaration in reaching a decision.

Failure to Appear

If you do not appear on or before your first appearance date, the clerk will enter a default judgment. The entire presumptive fine will be charged along with any additional fees or assessments.

Violations Trials

When you appear at the courthouse for your trial, be prepared to present your case at the time listed on your trial notice. You do not have to testify if you do not want to. If you choose not to testify, the judge will not hold that against you and will base his or her decision on the evidence that is presented. If you fail to appear for trial after a plea of not guilty, the court will take testimony from the officer and make a ruling from the evidence presented.


Your browser is out-of-date! It has known security flaws and may not display all features of this and other websites. Learn how