Skip to Main Content




Probate ORS Chapters 111 to 117
Small Estates ORS 114.505 to 114.560
Guardianships, conservatorships(“protective proceedings”) ORS Chapter 125
Trusts ORS Chapter 128
Uniform Transfers to Minors Act:Adoptions ORS 126.805 to 126.886
Court process ORS 109.304 to 109.410
Voluntary Adoption Registry ORS 109.425 to 109.507
Wrongful Death ORS 30.010 to 30.100



Special Needs Trust
Special Needs Trust (SNT) Policy for Linn County


These books are produced by the Oregon State Bar Association. They contain explanations about these areas of the law, and sample forms.

Administering Oregon Estates (Probate and Small Estates)
Administering Oregon Trusts
Guardianships, Conservatorships & Transfers to Minors
Family Law (Ch. 18 Adoptions, Ch. 20 Change of Name)

Legal Forms

Look in the books described above, or buy forms from stationery stores that sell legal forms.

Where to get help

Oregon State Bar Lawyer Referral 1-800-452-7636
Includes referral to lawyers for certain areas of the law, referrals for the “modest means program,” and pro bono referrals.

Legal resource and reference material Location:
Linn County Law Library
304 Broadalbin, Albany, OR 97321
(541) 928-1095.
Office hours are 9:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.

Useful addresses
Mid-Willamette Valley Senior Services
2450 Lancaster Dr. NE, Suite 220
PO Box 12189
Salem, OR 97309-0189
(503) 361-0314
(This agency helps people age 65 and over. You can apply for Medicaid here. This agency also provides help and resources for people suffering from abuse or neglect, advice about helping seniors remain in their own homes, and more.)

Salem Disability Services Office
3876 Beverly NE, Building G
PO Box 17189
Salem, OR 97305
(503) 373-7645
(This agency provides services to people who are under age 65 and have physical or mental disabilities.)

Linn County Mental Health
445 SW 3rd
PO Box 100
Albany, OR 97321
(541) 967-3866
(This agency provides services to adult residents of Linn County who have mental health issues.)

Veterans Affairs
330 3rd Ave SW
Albany, OR 97321
(541) 967-3882
(This agency provides assistance and information about benefits to veterans. The agency can act as conservator for a veteran if family members are unable to do so.)

Center for Health Statistics
PO Box 14050
Portland, OR 97293-0050
(503) 731-4108
(This agency provides information about birth records, applying for filiation, and changing birth records to reflect name changes.)

State Office for Services to Children and Families
Adoption Services Unit
500 Summer St. NE
Salem, OR 97310
(503) 945-5914 (for general adoption information)
(503) 945-6643 (for information about the voluntary adoption registry)
(This agency provides general information about adoptions and about Oregon’s Voluntary Adoption Registry and assisted adoption searches. If you are interested in adopting a child, contact your local SCF branch.)