Skip to Main Content



ORS Chapters 111 to 117
Small Estates
ORS 114.505 to 114.560
Guardianships, Conservatorships (protective proceedings)
ORS Chapter 125
ORS Chapter 128
Uniform Transfers to Minors Act: Adoptions
ORS 126.805 to 126.886
Court Process
ORS 109.304 to 109.410
Voluntary Adoption Registry
ORS 109.425 to 109.507
Wrongful Death
ORS 30.010 to 30.100


Courthouse Phone Numbers


These books are produced by the Oregon State Bar Association. They contain explanations about these areas of the law, and sample forms.

  • Administering Oregon Estates (Probate and Small Estates)
  • Administering Oregon Trusts
  • Guardianships, Conservatorships and Transfers to Minors
  • Family Law (Chapter 18 Adoptions, Chapter 20 Change of Name)


Legal Forms:

Look in the books described above, or buy forms from stationary stores that sell legal forms.

Where to get help:

Oregon State Bar Lawyer Referral 1-800-452-7636

Includes referral to Lawyers for certain areas of the law, referrals for the "modest means program", and pro bono referrals.


Legal Resource and Reference Material Location:
Benton County Law Library
6th and Monroe
Corvallis, Oregon 97330
(541) 766-6673
Office Hours: Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.


Mid-Willamette Valley Senior Services
2450 Lancaster Drive NE, Suite 220
Post Office Box 12189
Salem, Oregon 97309-0189
Telephone: (503) 361-0314

(This agency helps people age 65 and over. You can apply for Medicaid here. This agency also provides help and resources for people suffering from abuse or neglect, advice about helping seniors remain in their own homes, and more).

Salem Disability Services Office
3876 Beverly NE, Building G
Post Office Box 17189
Salem, Oregon 97305
Telephone: (503) 373-7645

(This agency provides services to people who are under age 65 and have physical or mental disabilities).

Benton County Mental Health
530 NW 27th Street
Corvallis, Oregon 97333
Telephone: (541) 752-4636

(This agency provides services to adult residence of Benton County who have mental health issues).

Veterans Affairs
301 SW 4th Street
Corvallis, Oregon 97333
Telephone: (541) 758-1595

(This agency provides assistance and information about benefits to Veterans. The agency can act as conservator for a Veteran if family members are unable to do so).

Center for Health Statistics
Office Box 14050
Portland, Oregon 97214
Telephone: (503) 731-4108

(This agency provides information about birth records, applying for filiation, and changing birth records to reflect name changes).

State Office for Services to Children and Families
Adoption Services Unit
500 Summer Street NE
Salem, Oregon 97310
(503) 945-5914 (for general adoption information)
(503) 945-6643 (for information about the voluntary adoption registry)

(This agency provides general information about adoptions and about Oregon's Voluntary Adoption Registry and assisted adoption searches. If you are interested in adopting a child, contact your local SCF branch).