Skip to Main Content


If an abuser is monitoring your computer activity, it may be impossible to erase all trace of the sites you visit on your computer or mobile device. For more information on erasing your browser's history, visit Learn more about safety and technology at Oregon Coalition Against Domestic & Sexual Violence.


Domestic Violence Resources

This webpage has many links to other websites that were not created by the Oregon Judicial Department. The OJD has not reviewed these websites for accuracy or appropriateness​ and the OJD is not responsible for their contents or policies.


Computer Keyboard

24-Hour Hotline for Domestic Violence, Sexual Assault, and Stalking Assistance

  • National Domestic Violence Hotline (English and Spanish) - 800-799-7233
  • Projecto Unica (Spanish) - (503) 232-448 or toll-free at 888-232-4448
  • National Sexual Assault Hotline - 800-656-4673
  • Portland Women Crisis Line - (503) 235-5333 or toll-free at 888-235-5333

  • Statewide Directory of Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Programs

  • Information on domestic violence and sexual assault programs in your area.

  • Safety Plan Information

    If you need help planning for your safety in an abusive relationship, the domestic violence or sexual assault program in your area can help customize a safety plan specific to your situation.

  • Domestic Violence Safety Plan

  • Safety and Technology

  • National Network to End Domestic Violence: General Resources on Technology Safety
  • National Network to End Domestic Violence: Technology Safety Planning with Survivors (multiple languages)
  • National Domestic Violence Hotline: Tech and Social Media Safety
  • Oregon Coalition Against Domestic & Sexual Violence: Technology, Internet and Computer Safety
  • Hand with gavel

    Information About Protective (Restraining) Orders

  • Oregon State Bar: Restraining Orders and Domestic Violence
  • Legal Aid's information on how to protect yourself from abuse.
  • How to Obtain a Restraining Order (video)
  • How to Prepare for Your Contested Restraining Order Hearing
  • Information for Respondents
  • Domestic Violence and Guns (English)
  • Domestic Violence and Guns (Spanish)

  • Information and Forms for Protective Orders

  • Family Abuse Protection Act (FAPA) Restraining Orders
  • Elderly Persons and Persons with Disabilities Abuse Prevention Act (EPPDAPA) Restraining Orders
  • Stalking Protection Orders

  • Electronic Notice for Services and Renewal of Protection Order

    Protective Order Electronic Notification Project - Provides notification regarding service and expiration of protection orders in Family Abuse Protection Act (FAPAs) orders, Elderly Persons and Persons with Disabilities Abuse Prevention Act (EPPDAPA) and Civil Stalking cases by cell phone text message or email.

    No Contact Orders

    A “no contact order” is an order in a criminal case that tells the defendant not to contact the victim. A judge can order no contact anytime during a criminal case or a no contact order may be required if the defendant is released from jail before trial and sentencing. A no contact order can also be a probation requirement. If the defendant violates the no contact order, he or she may be re-arrested and jailed. A no contact order is different from a “restraining order” like a Family Abuse Prevention Act order or stalking protective order. If you have questions about no contact orders you can call the Victim Assistance Program in your county.
    Children blowing bubbles

    Family Law

  • Legal Aid’s “Family Law in Oregon” (booklet) answers many common questions about family law, divorce, custody, and parenting time (visitation) and child and spousal support.
  • The Oregon State Bar's family law resource page has general information on a number of topics.

  • Paternity

    Courts cannot make orders about custody, parenting time, and child support unless the legal relationship (paternity) between a child and his or her biological father has been established. The Oregon Division of Child Support website has information and resources about establishing paternity.

    Child Support

    Child support can be ordered as part of a divorce or child custody case filed in court. Your local district attorney or Division of Child Support office also can establish and/or collect child support for you at no charge. Oregon’s Division of Child Support website has information about establishing and collecting child support, including child support calculators, rules, and program information.

    Forms and Resources for Divorce or Custody Order

    The Oregon Judicial Department's Family Law website has many of the forms and instructions you need to file for or respond to a divorce or custody case.
  • Forms for waiver and deferral of fees for filing and completing divorce and custody cases also are available. Note: There are no fees for restraining or stalking protective orders.
  • Many counties have family law facilitators who can help you with forms and/or the process of getting divorce or custody. Contact your local facilitator for more information about what services are available in your county.

  • Parenting Plan Information and Enforcement

  • The Oregon Judicial Department has information and forms for creating a parenting time plan, including safety focused parenting time plans.
  • The Oregon Judicial Department also has instructions and forms for enforcing parenting time plans.
  • Equal Justice written on stone

    Oregon Department of Justice, Crime Victims Services Division

    Information for crime victims, including the payment of expenses related to the crime.

    County Victims Assistance Programs

    District Attorneys Offices have trained advocates that can help you navigate the criminal justice system, understand your rights and refer you to resources in your community that can offer support. If you need help, please call the Victim Assistance Program in the county where your case is being handled.

    Victim Information and Notification Everyday (VINE)

    Anyone can call the Victim Information and Notification Everyday (VINE) service at 1-877-OR-4-VINE to ask about the current status of an offender/prisoner or register to receive immediate notification if an offender/prisoner is released, transferred, escapes, dies, or if there is other important probation and parole information.

    Oregon Crime Victims Law Center

    The Oregon Crime Victims Law Center can provide victims of crime with no-cost legal help in asserting and enforcing their rights. To be eligible for legal assistance from the Center you must be a victim or a survivor of a victim who is involved with a criminal or juvenile case that is either pending or has unresolved issues.
    Folder with Confidential stamp

    Victims of Domestic Violence, Sexual Assault, and Stalking

  • Confidentiality and Privacy for Victims of Domestic Violence, Sexual Assault, and Stalking (brochure) - Explains the ways that victims can protect their personal information.

  • Address Confidentiality Program

  • The Address Confidentiality Program is a free mail forwarding service provided by the Oregon Department of Justice to help survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault, trafficking, or stalking stay safe (includes provision of a substitute address).
  • If you are a participant in the Address Confidentiality Program and are considering changing your name, Name Change information and forms are available.

  • Technology Safety and Cyberstalking Resources

    The websites below have information about how to protect your personal information over the internet:
  • National Network to End Domestic Violence
  • National Center for Victims of Crime

  • Protecting Your Information in Court Cases

    To help protect your private information, the courts require the use of a form, called a “Confidential Information Form” (CIF), in family law cases.

    Family Abuse Prevention Act

    The Family Abuse Prevention Act - Restraining orders have their own CIF forms, which are included in the restraining order form packets.
    Women holding pencil and reading from a computer

    Housing Rights

  • "Housing Rights for Domestic Violence, Sexual Assault and Stalking Survivors" - Legal Aid
  • "Know Your Rights: Domestic Violence and Assisted Housing" - National Housing Law Project (housing protections for survivors in public housing, Section 8 and supportive housing for the elderly and disabled).

  • Workplace Rights

  • Workplace Info for Victims of Domestic Violence, Sexual Assault and Stalking - Bureau of Labor and Industry (BOLI)
  • "The Truth About Domestic Violence and the Workplace" - Bureau of Labor and Industry (BOLI)
  • "Oregon’s Workplace Protections for Victims of Domestic Violence, Sexual Assault, or Stalking" - Bureau of Labor and Industry (BOLI)
  • "Workplace Protections for Victims of Domestic Violence, Sexual Assault or Stalking" - Legal Aid

  • Immigration Rights

    "Information on the Legal Rights Available to Immigrant Victims of Domestic Violence in the United States and Facts about Immigrating on a Marriage-Based Visa" - U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

    More information from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services about relief for immigrant victims:

  • Information about U Visas for Battered Spouses, Children, and Parents
  • Immigration Options for Victims of Crime
  • Four, dollar bills

    Temporary Assistance for Domestic Violence Survivors (TA-DVS)

    The Temporary Assistance for Domestic Violence Survivors (TA-DVS) program of the Oregon Department of Human Services provides financial help to meet critical safety needs of families at risk because of domestic violence. Immigration status is not a barrier to this safety-related assistance.

    Unemployment Benefits

    Victims of domestic violence, sexual assault and stalking may be eligible for unemployment benefits. For more information, see Legal Aid’s “Unemployment Benefits for Domestic Violence, Sexual Assault or Stalking Survivors.”

    Oregon Department of Human Services (DHS)

    For information about other types of assistance that may be available from the Oregon Department of Human Services, including cash assistance such as Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF) and food stamps (SNAP).

    DHS also has a brochure called "What do you need to be safe?" that gives a brief overview of what services are available for people who come to DHS while in a domestic violence situation:

  • English
  • Spanish
  • Russian
  • Vietnamese

  • Medical Assistance

    Oregon Health Plan (OHP)
  • OHP Customer Service 1-800-699-9075
  • Division of Medical Assistance Programs, Administrative Office 1-800-527-5772
  • Healthy Kids
  • Application & Eligibility Questions 1-800-699-9075
  • General Member Questions 1-800-273-0557
  • Cover Oregon Questions 1-855-CoverOR (1-855-268-3767)
  • Legal Aid’s Public Benefits Hotline provides legal advice and representation to low income people living in Oregon who are having problems with government benefits. (800) 520-5292.
    Law Office Sign

    Oregon State Bar Lawyer Referral and Modest Means Programs

    The Lawyer Referral program refers individuals to lawyers for an initial low-cost consultation. The Modest Means program helps moderate-income Oregonians find affordable legal assistance. For more information please visit or call 800-452-7636.

    Legal Aid

    If you are low income a legal aid office may be able to help. Find a legal aid office in your county.
    Group looking at a computer

    National Resources

  • National Domestic Violence Hotline - Domestic violence referrals throughout the United States. 800-799-SAFE (7233)
  • Rape, Abuse and Incest National Network (RAINN) - Sexual assault referrals throughout the United States. 800-656-HOPE (4673)
  • Stalking Resource Center - National clearinghouse on stalking, including information, training and resources. 800-394-225
  • National Center on Elder Abuse. - National resource center dedicated to the prevention of the mistreatment of the elderly. 800-677-1116
  • - Legal information and support to victims of domestic violence and sexual assault.
  • Legal Momentum - National resources for immigrant women. 202-326-0040
  • Battered Women's Justice Project - Addresses the unique needs of battered women who, as a result of the abuse they have experienced at the hands of their intimate partner, end up charged with a crime. 1-800-903-0111 ext. 3
  • National Human Trafficking Resource Center - Human trafficking hotline and resource center. 888-373-7888
  • Alianza - A national resource for domestic violence in the Latino community. 505-224-9080
  • Casa de Esperanza - Affirming the wisdom and capabilities of Latinas. 24-hour crisis line 651-772-1611
  • Abused Deaf Women's Advocacy Services - Empowers Deaf and Deaf Blind survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault, and harassment to transform their lives. 206-812-1001

  • Statewide Resources

  • Oregon Coalition Against Domestic & Sexual Violence (OCADSV) - Statewide domestic and sexual violence organization with information for survivors and community agencies.
  • Oregon Sexual Assault Task Force (SATF) - Providing Training, Resources and Support to Organizations and Communities Working to Prevent and Respond to Sexual Violence. The SATF does not provide direct services to victims of sexual assault.
  • Oregon Department of Human Services Map of Statewide Services
  • Catholic Charities Immigration Legal Services (CCILS) - Provides immigration legal services to low income immigrants and refugees and provides public education, training and community outreach. (503) 542-2855 (Portland) and (541) 779-0803 (Medford)
  • Healing Roots - Drop in multi-service center for African and African American survivors of domestic violence and their families. 503-595-9591 ext. 308
  • Immigrant and Refugee Community Organizations (IRCO) - Offers advocacy, support and information for immigrants experiencing domestic violence. (Can give technical assistance to immigrants throughout the state; clients must live in Multnomah, Clackamas, Washington, or Clark (Washington) County to receive full services). 503-445-1446
  • Native American Family Healing Circle (NAYA) - Domestic violence support groups, advocacy and case management for Native American women experiencing domestic violence. 503-318-5213
  • Proyecto UNICA - 24-hour hotline for Spanish-speaking and Latina survivors of domestic and sexual violence. 503-232-4448
  • Russian Oregon Social Services (ROSS) - Domestic violence services for Russian speaking populations. 503-777-3437
  • South Asian Women's Empowerment and Resource Alliance (SAWERA) - Provides free, culturally sensitive confidential services to women and children of South Asian descent experience domestic violence. 503-778-7386.
  • 211 Info - Comprehensive referrals to community services, including food, shelter, housing, and health care. (Not available in every county.) Dial 2-1-1
  • Legal scale

    Resources for the Legal Community

  • National Council of Juvenile and Family Court Judges (NCJFCJ) Family Violence Department - Improves the way courts, law enforcement agencies, and others respond to family violence by providing training, technical assistance, and policy development leadership and by developing cutting-edge products for professionals, victims of domestic, and children. (800) 527-3223
  • American Bar Association (ABA) Domestic Violence Commission - Works to increase justice for victims of domestic violence, sexual assault and stalking by mobilizing the legal profession and by offering a variety of resources for attorneys representing victims/survivors of domestic violence. 202-662-1744
  • A Benchg​uide for the Elderly Persons and Persons with Disabilities Abuse Prevention Act ORS 124.005 - 124.040
  • Family Abuse Prevention Act (FAPA) Benchbook

  • Firearms and Domestic Violence Resources:

  • The Federal Domestic Violence Laws and the Enforcement of These Laws (Web Article) - Margaret S. Groban
  • "Firearms Prohibitions in Domestic Violence Cases: A Guide for Oregon Courts" - Materials from the Oregon Judicial Department regarding domestic violence firearms laws.
  • "Misdemeanor Crimes of Domestic Violence" - Oregon Bench Sheet
  • Qualifying Order of Protection/Restraint - Oregon Bench Sheet