Skip to Main Content

Request for Court Appointed Attorney

Persons who are charged with a crime and who can not afford to hire an attorney may request the court appoint an attorney at state expense.  In addition, a court appointed attorney may be requested in a juvenile dependency (abuse or neglect), termination of parental rights, or juvenile delinquency proceeding. 

Persons who are involved in a civil proceeding, such as a domestic relations matter, personal injury, landlord/tenant, bankruptcy and employment cases are not eligible for legal representation at state expense.  However, some low cost legal services programs are available.  For more information, visit the Attorney Help section of this site.

 To make a formal request for a court appointed attorney, print out the appropriate form, fill it out, and file it with the appropriate court.

Juvenile Court

Criminal Court

Marion County Circuit Court
Visit our Online Directory for more contact information
Mailing Address:
P.O. Box 12869
Salem, OR  97309

Physical Locations:
Marion County Courthouse
100 High St. NE    (MAP)
Salem, Oregon
Phone: 503.588.5105
Fax: 503.373.4360

Marion County Juvenile Department
3030 Center St. NE   (MAP)
Salem, Oregon

Marion County Circuit
Court Annex   (MAP)
4000 Aumsville Highway
Salem, Oregon