What is Justice Reinvestment?
Justice Reinvestment seeks to improve public safety by reducing spending on incarceration in order to reinvest savings in evidence-based strategies that decrease crime.
What Does the Program Do?
MCJRP is a collaborative effort to improve the assessment of criminal offenders in Multnomah County and provide them a continuum of community-based services and sanctions. This combination of early assessment and intervention is provided to reduce recidivism while protecting public safety.
Who Runs the Program?
MCJRP is distinctive in the number of agencies that worked together to design and implement this approach to justice reinvestment. MCJRP partners include:
- Portland Police Bureau
- Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office
- Multnomah County Department of Community Justice
- Multnomah County Circuit Court, Oregon Judicial Department
- Multnomah County District Attorney’s Office
- Citizens Crime Commission of Portland
- Metropolitan Public Defenders, Defense Bar
- CODA, Inc
- National Crime Victim Law Institute
- Local Public Safety Coordinating Council (LPSCC)