Skip to Main Content

Access Information and ADA Policies

Access for Disabled Persons

A person with a disability using the courts may be eligible for accommodation to meet disability-related needs. Accommodations include equipment and/or assistance that will enable persons with disabilities to have full access to activities of the court.

How to request accommodation

If you need accommodation for a court proceeding, please let the court know as soon as possible, and at least four working days before the proceeding. For good cause shown, the court may waive the four-day advance notice (UTCR 7.060).

Address a request for accommodation to:

Trial Court Administrator
Lane County Circuit Court
125 East 8th Ave
Eugene, OR 97401

Please include the following in your letter, or click below to print out a request form:

  • the name of the person needing accommodation;
  • the case number;
  • the person's role in the proceeding (defendant, plaintiff, attorney, or witness);
  • the type of disability needing accommodation;
  • the type of accommodation/aid needed or preferred.

Click here for the Request for Accommodation by Person with Disability form.

Deaf or Hearing Impaired

Assistive Listening Devices are available and may be obtained by contacting the courtroom clerk or bailiff. If you need a sign language interpreter, please fill out the Request for Accommodation by Person with Disability form. Please specify the type of sign language needed (e.g. American Sign Language). Please fax in the form to 541 (682-4563) or send it to the address on the bottom of the form.

How to Make a Complaint About Court Accessibility

Please click here for the policy and procedure for making a complaint about court accessibility.


Language Access / Interpreters

How to Request an Interpreter

The court will provide a foreign language interpreter for anyone who needs assistance to understand, or participate in court proceedings. The court must be notified of the name of the person needing an interpreter and the case number, when, where, and what language is needed as soon as possible, but no later than two working days in advance of the proceeding. The court may waive the two-day advance notice for good cause shown.

Requests may be made by phone to the interpreter coordinator at (541) 682-6521, or by completing the Interpreter Request Form and either faxing it or mailing it to the address/fax number on the bottom of the form.

How to Become a Court Certified Interpreter

If you are interested in becoming a Court Certified Foreign Language Interpreter, please call the Court Interpreter Certification Information Line in Salem at (503) 986-5695. Leave your name and address and the information will be mailed to you. A telephone number and contact for follow up questions is included in the information packet.