Gilliam County Circuit Court
Gilliam County was created on February 25th, 1885. It was named after Colonel Cornelius Gilliam. Originally, the county seat was in the town of Alkali (present day Arlington) but it was moved to Condon in 1890 where it remains today. Gilliam County is in the Columbia Basin wheat area. As such, it is an agricultural community with an emphasis on growing wheat, barley, and raising beef cattle. Most recently, wind turbines have become important by providing a source of new growth and a bountiful harvest of renewable energy.
The Gilliam County Courthouse is located at 221 S. Oregon St., Condon, Oregon 97823
It's hours of operation are from 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Main Phone: 541-384-3572
Photos and information from the Oregon Secretary of State Archives Division and The Oregon Blue Book, 2007-2008.